- Skinner, B. T., & Doyle, W. R. (forthcoming). Do civic returns to higher education differ across subpopulations? An analysis using propensity forests. Journal of Education Finance.
- Baker, D. J., Skinner, B. T., & Redding, C. (2020). Affirmative intervention to reduce stereotype threat bias: Experimental evidence from a community college. The Journal of Higher Education, 91(5), 722–754.
- Skinner, B. T. (2019). Making the connection: Broadband access and online course enrollment at public open admissions institutions. Research in Higher Education, 60(7), 960–999.
- Skinner, B. T. (2019). Choosing College in the 2000s: An Updated Analysis Using the Conditional Logistic Choice Model. Research in Higher Education, 60(2), 153–183.
- Doyle, W. R., & Skinner, B. T. (2017). Does Postsecondary Education Result in Civic Benefits? The Journal of Higher Education, 88(6), 863–893.
- Doyle, W. R., & Skinner, B. T. (2016). Estimating the education-earnings equation using geographic variation. Economics of Education Review, 53, 254–267.
- Heyneman, S. P., & Skinner, B. T. (2014). The Bologna Process in the countries of the former Soviet Union: An outsider’s perspective. Journal of the European Higher Education Area, 01/2014.
- Skinner, B. T. (2020). crosswalkr: Rename and Encode Data Frames Using External Crosswalk Files.
- Skinner, B. T. (2020). rscorecard: A Method to Download Department of Education College Scorecard Data.
- Skinner, B. T. (2018). duawranglr: Securely Wrangle Dataset According to Data Usage Agreement.
- Skinner, B. T. (2017). distRcpp: Compute Geodesic Distance and Distance-Weighted Measures Using Rcpp.
- Skinner, B. T. (2016). GitRoom Manager: GitHub classroom manager.
- Institute for Research on Higher Education. (2016). College affordability diagnosis: National report. Philadelphia, PA: Institute for Research on Higher Education, Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania.